Mentor Graphics was the first to combine single kernel simulator (SKS) technology with a unified debug environment for Verilog, VHDL, and SystemC. The combination of industry-leading, native SKS performance with the best integrated debug and analysis environment make ModelSim the simulator of choice for both ASIC and FPGA design. The best standards and platform support in the industry make it easy to adopt in the majority of process and tool flows.
About ModelSim PE Student Edition
- Support for both VHDL and Verilog designs (non-mixed).
- Intelligent, easy-to-use graphical user interface with TCL interface.
- Project manager and source code templates and wizards.
Now please be advised that the download url for ModelSim PE Student Edition (10.2c) has been permanently moved to the Mentor Graphics Higher Education website:
The current ModelSim PE Student Edition release is 10.2c. New releases will be posted to this web page.
Please note that the license request process remains the same.
1. With admin user rights to the Windows based PC, download and execute the installer.
2. Follow the dialog prompts and agree to the End User License Agreement
3. The last step of the installation will open a web browser window to the Student Edition license request page.
4. Information from YOUR computer will assist in creating the license file.
5. Fill out the license request form and be sure that you enter a valid email address.
6. You will immediately be sent an email with the license file and instructions.
7. Check your spam folder if you do not receive the license file within a few minutes.
8. If you never receive the email containing the license file, you MUST rerun the installer to reach the license request page again.
THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO RECEIVE A LICENSE FILE!
Please remember that the license file is tied to the computer that you installed ModelSim PE Student Edition upon. You may request the license be delivered to a different email address if you did not receive the license file the first time around.
In addition, if your University uses ModelSim PE Student Edition in your Classroom - please have your course administrator contact the Higher Education Department for FULL ModelSim LICENSES through the Higher Education Program for a modest support fee.
Lastly - there is NO End-User Product Support for ModelSim PE Student Edition.