Haswell is the codename for a processor microarchitecture to be developed by Intel's Oregon team as successor to the Sandy Bridge architecture.Haswell will use a 22 nm process.CPUs based on the Haswell microarchitecture are expected to be released in 2013. There are currently no details regarding this microarchitecture's development.
Haswell is confirmed to have:
- A 22 nm process.
- 3D tri-gate transistors.
- Advanced Vector Extensions 2(AVX2) instruction set (or Haswell New Instructions)
Haswell is expected to have:
- FMA3 instructions.
- A 14 stage pipeline.
- A new cache design.
- Up to 8 cores available.
- New advanced power-saving system.
- 64 kB data + 64 kB instruction L1 cache per core, 8-way associativity
- 1 MB L2 cache per core, 8-way associativity.
- Up to 32 MB L3 cache shared by all cores, 16-way associativity.